ChucK is a music programming language (and compiler/synthesizer) written by a professor (Perry Cook) and his students at Princeton University. I'm learning how to use it; I thought that writing about how to use it would help...

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Some Page Format Changes

Yesterday, when I set up Beginning ChucK, I just took one of Blogger's templates and pushed to get a couple of articles posted...

After the A Scale post, Mikael Johansson was nice enough to send me a note saying that he tried to add a comment suggesting using the float std.mtof(float); function which (undocumented) translates a MIDI number to frequency, thus avoiding the preamble tables I used in Ascale.ck. Since then I've fiddled with the settings here and (I hope) enabled anonymous comments (so you won't need a blogger ID to post a comment...). Of course, this may cause some comment spamming, which I'll deal with if it comes up.

Also, I've added some needed links to the Princeton ChucK homepage and other necessary and useful sites over there on the right...